Trustee with high net worth experience
What you'd be doing
In order to achieve our five year goal, we are now looking for a very special Trustee - someone to bring their esteemed high value networks, charisma, influence and personal philanthropy to the cause.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Missing People
- Willingness and availability to devote the necessary time and effort
- Understanding of the important legal role of charitable trustee/company director
- The ability to carry out their role with sufficient independence and without major conflict of interest
- Introductions to their personal networks on behalf of the charity, in particular connecting Missing People with high-net-worth individuals and business leaders
- The ability to either organise an annual event(s) which can raise a significant sum for Missing People, or to influence with an existing event to adopt Missing People as a charity partner
- Making successful peer to peer 'cold' introductions to business and charitable foundations where the charity has identified a strategic fit for a partnership/financial support
- Being an advocate for those affected by representing the charity at key meetings, pitches and appearances that could secure game-changing support for the charity
- Joining the charity's Fundraising Board, which includes Patron Sir Trevor McDonald, to help take that Board to the next level of success, and to form a link back to the Trustee Board
Location and availability
- Board meetings are usually held quarterly (4 times per year) in the early evening alternating between the charity's office and central London
- There are additional Committees which a Trustee might serve on which would increase the time commitment: Finance & Resources Committee, Fundraising & Marketing Advisory Group, Safeguarding Panel and Policy & Research Advisory Group.
- Trustee duties will take an average of 5 -10 hours per month
- In addition there are various events that take place throughout the year such as the 10k run; the Carol Service; etc which Trustees are invited to attend/participate in.
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide the following:
- An up to date CV or LinkedIn profile
- A covering letter which demonstrates how you meet the criteria set out above as well as explaining why you're interested in the opportunity to be a Trustee for Missing People
- Contact details of two referees - these will be contacted after the final interview stage
To download a full role description, please click here.